Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to High Heels and High Chairs! After working for nearly 10 years in the world of public relations, I have now entered the world of baby relations. I've gone from press releases to a plethora of interesting baby releases (ew!); event production to milk production; satellite feeds to solid feedings; and crisis communication to, well, crisis communication (no honey, you CAN'T play with the electric outlets no matter how fun they look!).

Although I love being a stay-at-home mom, I have found that I miss the part of myself that went into hibernation when I stopped working. Don't get me wrong, I love being mommy and am completely smitten with my precious peanut. As a mother, I want to make sure he gets the best of me. To do that, I'm tapping into that wanna-be writer part of myself and putting myself out there to see what develops. What could be more fun than growing up along side my little man? Not even buying a new pair of shoes beats that high!

And don't worry, although I have a closet full of heels I can't bear to part with because they represent that professional part of me, you will most often find me in a pair of flip flops. Ah, but there are those days when I'm feeling a bit sassy and sport a pair to Target. Maybe I'll see some of you other high heeled mamas there.

4 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Welcome to the blogsphere! I am very excited to read more, since I'm a certified blog addict. I read about 40 blogs on the regular, my first blog
the Cheese Party is celebrating it's two year anniversary tomorrow (!) and I contribute to several other blogs/blog community type thingies. Sometimes I feel like a big ole geek, but I've made a lot of friends, both virtual and in-the-flesh types, and I think you will find that there is a wonderful group of people out there just waiting to be discovered! Now you are one, too!

Plus, it'll be a great way for us to keep up with each other once I'm back in Philly! Yay!

kgrampley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kgrampley said...

Evidently, I'm having issues posting a comment -- sorry for the "deleted" entry. I can't wait to read more! I'm hooked with your first post!

Loukia said...

I love your blog! :)