Sunday, July 13, 2008

Random Scenes from a Weekend

Remember when weekends were spent in bed or on the couch with coffee, the paper and 90121 reruns? Remember getting showered and dressed just in time to go out for dinner and drinks, maybe a movie, and you TiVo'd Saturday Night Live because you might not be home in time?

This weekend was full of scenes that the pre-child me would not have predicted:

  • There was the Saturday morning poop detail when I realized a child left alone in his crib too long so the hubby and I could get a few more winks of pre-8am shuteye occupies himself by taking off his poop filled diaper then pointing proudly at his naked bottom half when you come in to say good morning. Ah, nothing like starting your morning with an early bath and load of laundry.
  • There was time to myself Saturday morning while the hubby ran some errands with peanut. I did some really luxurious things like blow-dry my hair and go to the library without entering the kid's section (although I did buy myself a sassy new hand bag (at half-off) for an upcoming childless trip with the hubby).
  • There was the Saturday evening "date" -- really more of a date for peanut since we were sitting for a friend's seven month old little girl. The hubby and peanut left around 9...and I was quite pleased to have a book and a remote all to myself for a couple of hours. And the sad realization that I haven't been out that late since the last time I babysat for a friend.
  • There was the Sunday morning shower, and by shower I mean getting drenched in the grocery store parking lot while loading up a car full of groceries and strapping a squirmy kid into a car seat as it poured down rain the likes of which Atlanta hasn't seen in a year and a half.
Ah, how times change.

*******

In other news...the hubby FINALLY managed to secure himself an iPhone (happy father's day- anniversary-yearly bonus-tax incentive gift, honey!) today. We were talking about it this afternoon when the peanut entered the room with his play phone. The hubby jokingly asked, "hey, is that your iPhone?"

To which peanut responded by sticking his play phone in his eye.

Priceless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the poop stories. You can't make that stuff up.

Amy Jo said...

I laughed out loud at the image of Peanut sticking the phone in his eye.

Also, please tell hubby that I am very, very jealous.

Kat said...

Yep. That just about sums up motherhood. ;)