Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Monsters

I feel like I should post something, but I've got some kind of holiday brain freeze. I am sitting here trying to clear my mind and think of something funny peanut's done or some recent activity that gave me pause to reflect on this stay-at-home-mom gig, anything that I can write about that has some semblance or nugget of wit or honesty. Unfortunately, the only thing coming to mind is a laundry list of holiday to-dos: Buy that one-last gift, wrap the items on my dining room table, mail that package, and what shoes should I pack for our holiday festivities?

Instead, I'll simply tell you that this morning, I had a great time making cookies with the pre-school set! We had a small group of peanut's buds and their mamas over to cut out and decorate sugar cookies. I set them up on the train table (covered in parchment paper to reduce the clean-up), they all chose cookie cutters and sprinkles to use and had a great time making their creations. We popped them in the oven and enjoyed the fruits of our labor about 20 minutes later.



So...in lieu of a witty post, consider it my holiday craft idea for you -- have a play date and make some cookies with your little ones. It's a great way to let go, enjoy the season and make an acceptable mess - not much compares to the look of pure joy on peanut's face when he was clapping flour all over the kitchen this morning.

Inviting others also meant I wasn't left with a dozen cookies to eat on my own, because those suckers would have been gone before peanut could say "ginge-a-bed man."

No comments: