Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Know This Much Is True...

That as soon as you figure something out as a parent, the kid senses it and decides to throw you curve ball after curve ball...

* I like green beans. A week later, no green beans, no green beans! I only want broccoli. Until I can't stand that anymore and I only want peas until...

* I nap every day for three hours at 1pm. Until I don't. On the day that you really have a lot you need to do while I'm sleeping.

* I love to color, unless you ask me to draw Nana a picture in her thank you note.

* I don't know how to crawl out of my crib until you write about it in your blog and I get to thinking and then suddenly, I can! Ha Ha! I shall bound out of the bed and come running into your room early Sunday morning proclaiming my success "Peanut. Out. Bed!"

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, kiddo. I promise to never, ever, ever mention something I'm proud of you for NOT doing because I know you will suddenly decide you want to do the opposite.

Although...

Will that work with potty training? Hmmmmm...

If you're reading, peanut, I hope you never learn how to use the potty, particularly any time soon since your daddy and I just love, love, love changing your smelly messes.

Although if my hypothesis is correct - that just when I think I've figured it out he switches it up on me - then that potty statement will be the first thing I've said in weeks that peanut actually decides to listen to and I'll be changing diapers until he hits kindergarten.

Ugh.

1 comment:

Kat said...

HAHA! I'm always saying this. The minute we think we have a handle on everything the kids change on us. hehe