Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seven Random Things

I've officially been tagged by Goddess in Progress to disclose seven random things about myself. And since I was looking for something to blog about today, get ready to learn some random, yet still fairly boring, facts about High Heeled Mama.

Rules are as follows:
  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
  2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here goes...

1. When I was a working gal, I met some random people in my PR/video production life. Including (a random sample): two surgeons general, Tipper Gore, a Secretary of Transportation, two Olympic medalists, Danica McKellar, germ expert Dr. Gerba (aka Dr. Germ), Naked Chef Jamie Oliver, Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert, "America's Most Wanted's" Joe Walsh, a number of CEOs, a variety of Association presidents, more doctors than I can count and some fascinating non-celebrities.

2. I have had a few Presidential encounters: I had the opportunity to attend one of the White House summer press picnics on the South Lawn. Not only did my colleague and I stalk Helen Thomas, but I did get to shake President Bill Clinton's hand in the rope line (and no matter what your thoughts on his politics or whatever, that man has some serious charisma). I've met democratic candidate John Edwards and Elizabeth Edwards at book signings. I attended a visit by President Ronald Reagan to my hometown when I was in the fifth or sixth grade. I also watched his funeral procession down Pennsylvania Avenue. And President Jimmy Carter waved to me from his limo as he traveled down the highway and I stood on an overpass during a visit to Massachusetts (according to my mom since I was two and have no recollection of this "meeting").

3. When I was nine or ten, I had a huge crush on Bruce Boxleitner because of "Scarecrow and Mrs. King." I'm embarrassed just seeing that in print!

4. "This one time, in band camp..." I was a total band geek! My real love was the color guard, but I also played the flute in the non-marching band seasons. One of my few regrets in life is not trying out for a DCI corps.

5. I have known my husband since I was 15 years old. That's a total of 17 years together - our 10 year wedding anniversary is this summer (WHAT?! Lord, I'm old).

6. My favorite movie of all time is "Dead Poet's Society." And I cry harder and harder every time I see it. Close runners up are "Shawshank Redemption" and "Good Will Hunting."

7. I just submitted my first short story for publication. It's a long shot, but if I'm going to be serious about writing, I have to actually put myself out there. It's a baby step - but baby steps are something I'm familiar with!

Let's see...seven people to tag...here are a few bloggy friends, real-life friends who have blogs and a few folks who have dropped by and commented and are therefore being rewarded with a tag of their own!

1. Amy at Cheese Party (girl, you said you needed some inspiration...this is the best I can come up with!)
2. Amy at Living in Lila Land
3. Ilina at Dirt and Noise
4. Jenny at Bits and Pieces
5. Kathryn at Seeking Sanity
6. Nicole at SAHM Ramblings
7. Karen at A Day in the Life...one glass at a time

Happy Blogging!

No comments: