Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Power of the Guac

I'm not sure what it means that I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch this weekend (not the slice and bake kind that were such a friend to me during pregnancy!), performed "surgery" on my hydrangeas in an effort to rescue it from its near-death status thanks to our historic drought conditions and then wore flats on a date with the hubby Saturday night. It was quite the domestic weekend.

And why is it that on the first night we leave the peanut with an actual babysitter (not a friend or family member we "pay" with food) we are seated next to a table with an adorable infant girl, her mom, dad, grandmas, grandpa, aunt and uncle? Thank goodness for tableside-made guacamole and frozen pomegranate margaritas to help me forget my mommy obligations and remember that I can be a fun date.

No comments: