Wednesday, November 12, 2008

30 Days of Thanks: Day 12

Today I am thankful for...friends.

I am truly blessed. I have friends in my life who love me no matter how bad I am at keeping in touch, who laugh at my bad jokes, read my blog (hi!) and forgive our differences knowing that our relationships are fostered not just by what we have in common, but what we don't.

I have mommy friends, single friends, married friends, family friends, college friends, work friends, high school friends, neighbor friends. No matter the category, I truly do value their roles in my life. The places in my heart they have touched are forever changed.

As peanut gets older, I have watched with great excitement as he develops his first friendships. There are two other little boys, the sons of two of my mommy friends, that he plays with several days a week. Peanut talks about them a lot. He misses them when we're away. And as they get to an age when they actually play together as opposed to next to each other, they are developing the silliest little games of chase and tackle. It is a joy to watch:

Birds of a feather...

Tower o' toddlers

I look forward to watching my peanut develop and grow as a result of his friendships. I am thankful for the friends that just having peanut has brought into my life. I am thankful for the love my friends have shown my child. I am thankful that I was able to see so many of my friends this past weekend. I am thankful that James Taylor made popular such a wonderful song about friends that I will leave you with today:

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come runnin' to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall
All you've got to do is call.
And I'll be there.
You've got a friend.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I'm thankful to have met you and for my little one to have a first friend out of your Peanut. They are all so cute together.

cornnut32 said...

love that song! james taylor is the best.

i've really enjoyed reading your blog. i'm glad i stumbled upon it.