Friday, November 28, 2008

30 Days of Thanks: Day 28

Today I am thankful for...four day weekends.

I know I'm lucky as a stay-at-home-mom that I'm not a slave to a corporate clock-in and clock-out schedule. Oh, I have to worry about naps and meals and snacks and play dates, but overall, the flexibility is fantastic. It's definitely not something I take for granted.

But boy is it nice to have a four day weekend with the hubby home. It's like a little vacation for me to be able to take a long enough shower where I can wash my hair and shave my legs on the same day. Or to pee with the door shut. Or to have the option to leave the house during nap time. Not to mention, playground time was so much more fun today when the three of us went.

So of course I'm going to take advantage of these four-days of extra help and get something done I typically don't have time for during the week! Something productive. Something exciting. Something...

...Ah, who am I kidding? We had turkey leftovers for lunch. I'm going to eat pie and lay on the couch. Mmmm, vacation.

No comments: