Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 Days of Thanks: Day 6

Today I am thankful for...surprise gifts!

After running to Music Class this morning, then the library, then Target, then to hurry home to finish packing so we can load up the car after lunch and drive back to NC (yes, we were just there) for UNC's Homecoming this weekend, I came home to a box sitting on my porch. Now, oftentimes the hubby will order some nerdy computer book from Amazon and not warn me of its arrival so I am typically disappointed once I see the label on the box. But this was bigger than a book box. And it was addressed to me.

I happily dragged it (and the peanut and the two Target bags and the box of kitty litter and the diaper bag) into the house and eagerly tore it open. Inside was a pretty gold bag. Inside the pretty gold bag was a pretty white wine: "Mommy's Time Out Pinot Grigio." Next to the pretty white wine was a lovely note from High Heeled Mama's Aunt P.

A perfect gesture in the perfect moment. She couldn't have known it would arrive in the middle of such a hectic day, but it served its purpose. It caused me to stop, take a breath, read a caring note and smile. So thank you, Aunt P. I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, due to the six hour car ride looming ahead of us in just an hour or two, I can't crack it open just now (although I am extremely tempted to). I'll just have to chill it and have it waiting for me after the return trip on Sunday when I'll REALLY need it!

And the bonus is the box full of Styrofoam peanuts that are keeping my peanut occupied while I type this and finish packing. The gift that keeps on giving!

No comments: