Wednesday, November 19, 2008

30 Days of Thanks: Day 19

Today I am thankful for...cocoa.

Sometimes it's the simple things, isn't it? Today was cold, cold, COLD for our outdoor work out and playground time. While we were moving, we were okay. Then, we were doing the mommy playground guard watch as the kids ran wild and the chill quickly came back as we redonned all the layers shed during our work out.

The tomato soup and grilled cheese peanut and I shared for lunch and the pre-nap snuggle under a pile of blankets while we read stories helped warm us both up. But I've got some water on and some cocoa ready for slowly sipping while snuggled on the couch catching up on some trashy TV on my DVR (hello season finale of "Desperate Housewives of Atlanta").

Sure, I should be taping off and painting my kitchen ceiling or working on that Christmas gift project, but I'm thankful for cocoa and all the deliciousness it has to offer me for an hour.

Nothing like a couple of guilty pleasures to while away an afternoon.

No comments: